Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ideas for Spins, anyone?

With Fedora 8 being released soon I was thinking about creating and releasing some more custom spins. Here's what I've come up with so far:
  1. Single CD installer
    Really small images that should just get you started on any machine. Right now, using @base and @core it comes down approximately 488 packages, ~530 MB in size. I haven't thought about what packages exactly should or should not end up on the media so if you have any ideas... Let me know!
  2. CD Sets of the Release Tree (as I did for F7)
    And release them via jigdo, just to prove a point.
  3. The Everything Spins (as I did for F7)
    CD and DVD sets of Everything in Fedora, again released via jigdo.
  4. Truely x86_64
    Media without the i?86 crap you are going to 'yum -y remove' after the installation.
I'm going to attempt to build some LiveCD/DVD Re-Spins also but as of yet I'm not sure how well they are going to end up.

No comments: